One of the fears of growing older that I had as a child was when I would visit my great grandmother. While I loved her very much, seeing the way the veins popped out on her legs was terrifying to me. It didn’t make me love her any less of course, but it’s the kind of thing you tend to remember as a young person. The thought never really occurred to me as to how she felt about her varicose veins, and I certainly was raised to never ask such a question. But as time passes for us all, the question of how to get rid of spider veins becomes a reality for ourselves, instead of our grandparents. This problem is not limited to older generations, however. Fortunately, the answer for our generation is much easier than theirs, and we can be thankful for just how easy it is to eliminate spider veins and varicose veins.
The Answer to How to Get Rid of Spider Veins
Before we answer this, the causes of spider veins and varicose veins should be noted. There are several reasons they may occur:
- Hormonal Changes: Puberty, pregnancy, and menopause can all be contributors to various vascular issues. During pregnancy, the increase in blood in the body coupled with the pressure created by an enlarged uterus is a major cause of spider veins.
- Being Overweight: Additional or excess weight may cause added pressure which in turn leads to vascular problems.
- Inactivity: If your job requires you to sit or stand in the same position for extended periods of time, you are a prime candidate for spider veins. Don’t forget to move around or stretch from time to time!
- Age: The valves of our veins tend to weaken as we get older, which is why the frequency of spider veins and other venous conditions goes up as we advance in years.
- Excessive Sun: This is especially prevalent for those with fair skin.
- Family History: Like many things, genetics can play a role in the likelihood of you developing spider veins.
The answer involves no needles or incisions and is relatively pain-free. A laser treatment center is the answer to your problem, without the invasive surgeries or painful chemical injections that leave you feeling itchy, swollen or discolored. Plus, the peace of mind in knowing that laser therapy is not only safe and effective, but also fast will mean no down time from work or family, and very minor side effects, if any at all. Laser light is applied to the target areas, which won’t damage healthy skin, but will reduce or eliminate the problem in 4-6 weeks, leaving you confident and clear of eyesores on your body!
It’s easy and can be done during your lunch break. Why wait? Learn more about how to get rid of spider veins, and get back to feeling comfortable with yourself again!