CLICK HERE to vote!
Now it’s no secret that I love to sing the praises of Botox®, the stuff is amazing in so many ways. Botox® is most commonly known for treating facial wrinkles but for me personally, I have Botox® clinically injected for migraine control, cosmetically to keep me looking refreshed and youthful, and in my underarms for a condition known as Hyperhidrosis. That’s excessive sweating – TMI, right? But seriously, who knew that this little miracle in a bottle could effectively treat so many different things? This is why I find Botox® studies fascinating and am constantly reading about possible uses for it. I was pretty excited when I recently came across an article from the Psych Congress regarding the treatment of severe depression with Botox® treatments.
This wasn’t some random article with little to no real world applications: this was a full on positive proof result of depression improvement. “Emotions are expressed by facial muscles which in turn send feedback signals to the brain to reinforce those emotions. By treating facial muscles with Botox® we can interrupt this cycle.” – Axel Wolmer Psychiatrist & Psychotherapist. In both men and women with clinical depression the study revealed, “As a whole, the group had a 27% reduction in scores on the Hamilton Depression Rating Scale, improvements were highly significant, effects did not differ by gender.” This is pretty amazing information! The study further revealed that Botox® injections in the glabella were all that was needed for improvement. (The glabella is that pesky area between the brows that show our furrow lines.) Amazing, right? In basic terms, Botox® will not only have you looking fabulous but feeling fabulous as well!
If you need a mid-winter blues mood boost come and see Dr. Jackson for your Botox® treatment. Now is a great time to book your appointment because our current promotion can help you save up to $140! Brilliant Distinctions® members who haven’t had Botox® administered for at least 90 days and who get their Botox® treatment before March 31st will receive a $50.00 instant rebate, as well as a $50.00 rebate for your follow-up treatment in 90 days. Plus, your Brilliant Distinctions® points for both of these treatments will give you an additional $40.00 in coupons, bringing the potential savings to $140.00! That’s too good to pass up so call and make an appointment to get your Blissfully Blessed Botox® today.
Master Esthetician At Ashbrook Aesthetics
One of the fears of growing older that I had as a child was when I would visit my great grandmother. While I loved her very much, seeing the way the veins popped out on her legs was terrifying to me. It didn’t make me love her any less of course, but it’s the kind of thing you tend to remember as a young person. The thought never really occurred to me as to how she felt about her varicose veins, and I certainly was raised to never ask such a question. But as time passes for us all, the question of how to get rid of spider veins becomes a reality for ourselves, instead of our grandparents. This problem is not limited to older generations, however. Fortunately, the answer for our generation is much easier than theirs, and we can be thankful for just how easy it is to eliminate spider veins and varicose veins.
The Answer to How to Get Rid of Spider Veins
Before we answer this, the causes of spider veins and varicose veins should be noted. There are several reasons they may occur:
- Hormonal Changes: Puberty, pregnancy, and menopause can all be contributors to various vascular issues. During pregnancy, the increase in blood in the body coupled with the pressure created by an enlarged uterus is a major cause of spider veins.
- Being Overweight: Additional or excess weight may cause added pressure which in turn leads to vascular problems.
- Inactivity: If your job requires you to sit or stand in the same position for extended periods of time, you are a prime candidate for spider veins. Don’t forget to move around or stretch from time to time!
- Age: The valves of our veins tend to weaken as we get older, which is why the frequency of spider veins and other venous conditions goes up as we advance in years.
- Excessive Sun: This is especially prevalent for those with fair skin.
- Family History: Like many things, genetics can play a role in the likelihood of you developing spider veins.
The answer involves no needles or incisions and is relatively pain-free. A laser treatment center is the answer to your problem, without the invasive surgeries or painful chemical injections that leave you feeling itchy, swollen or discolored. Plus, the peace of mind in knowing that laser therapy is not only safe and effective, but also fast will mean no down time from work or family, and very minor side effects, if any at all. Laser light is applied to the target areas, which won’t damage healthy skin, but will reduce or eliminate the problem in 4-6 weeks, leaving you confident and clear of eyesores on your body!
It’s easy and can be done during your lunch break. Why wait? Learn more about how to get rid of spider veins, and get back to feeling comfortable with yourself again!
If you’ve ever had a few extra pounds, been pregnant, or lost considerable weight for any reason, then you are probably aware of unsightly excess skin issues. This is a condition that affects millions of people worldwide, so don’t feel bad if you have this problem. But knowing you’re not alone is not enough, inevitably you’ll likely prefer to not have this issue at all. Especially with warmer weather arriving. Imagine putting on your bathing suit with confidence, and not worrying about how your skin looks? It’s not as hard as you think to get rid of, and what’s best is that it does not require invasive surgery to repair! Here’s how:
Body Sculpting to Get Rid of Excess Skin
First off, let’s explain exactly what “Body Sculpting” is. This process involves using laser and radio frequencies to reduce and eliminate saggy skin, wrinkles, AND cellulite. It doesn’t require any cutting, anesthesia, or other surgical procedures. It is not only FDA approved, but it has such a high level of safety and proven success that it is eliminating the far riskier surgeries that were used in the past to reduce or eliminate excess skin. Using a product known as JuvaShape, a professional doctor can now target the most common excessive skin areas, such as arms and thighs, stomach, neck, and chest regions.
What Other Skin Tightening Benefits Are There?
If safety and proven effectiveness along with no surgery required aren’t enough reasons for you, then here are a few more considerations for body sculpting as a means to ending or dramatically reducing your excess skin concerns:
- It won’t damage your skin and the COST is MUCH LESS than surgery.
- The opportunity to wear a swimsuit again without feeling subconscious about your looks.
- Regain confidence and vitality by feeling attractive and appealing with a regained sense of youthfulness.
- This is what the PROS use, and with good reason, so why shouldn’t you do the same thing?
Don’t settle for unsightly wrinkles and excess skin anymore. The premier skin tightening solution can now be found at your local skin care clinic.
Summer is back, and with it comes the desire to have that bronzed sun-kissed look that we all find appealing. However, the sun doesn’t always give us the tan we want. From sunburns and UV-related skin problems, to uneven coloration and tan lines, each person is different. The same thing applies to beauty salons where spray tans are offered. But just like our sun tanning results, not all spray tan clinics are equal. If you’re looking for the best spray tanning salon in Vancouver WA, there are a few factors that need to be considered.
What Makes The Best Spray Tanning Salon in Vancouver WA?
- Friendly and Comfortable Atmosphere: This seems like it should be standard fare for most businesses, but in reality it’s not. When you consider that getting a spray tan requires you to get undressed, you certainly will want to feel safe and free from any pressure or insecurities.
- Experienced and Knowledgeable Staff: An experienced staff will know how to prepare you for your new sunless spray tan both before and after you receive it. They will provide you with all of the necessary precautions to make sure the application goes on smoothly and evenly, as well as giving you advice to maximize the longevity of your spray tanning experience.
- Several Shading Options to Choose From: The best spray tanning salon in Vancouver WA should have a wide array of tanning shades to choose from. If you want to look like you just came back from two weeks in Brazil, or just spent a weekend at the lake, those options and all points in between should be available to you.
- The Best Price AND Best Service Available: Usually a spray tan will cost between $25-$50. Is there any reason to believe that the $50 spray tan salon has a product that’s twice as good as one that charges $25? The fact is they probably don’t. Oftentimes you’re paying for the name, not for a better product. So save some money while still getting the quality that you deserve.
If you take these main points into account when looking for the best spray tanning salon in Vancouver WA, you won’t be disappointed. Friendly staff, experienced insight, plenty of choices, and prices that are better than the competitors are all important components to assuring that you have the best experience and results possible.
The saying “be comfortable in your own skin” couldn’t be a more applicable phrase to describe why you would want the best skin care center. With so many different forms of skin issues, sometimes finding that contentment can be a real challenge. But when you decide it’s time to do something about your skin problems, you want to know that you’ve chosen the right place to take care of your needs. Here are 5 things to consider to help you make the best possible choice when you are ready to try a skin care clinic.
5 Skin Care Center Necessities
- A Professional Doctor: The term “professional” applies to more than just where a doctor went to school, how he/she dresses, or how they carry themselves. It also applies to the manner in which they present the best options to their clients. Whether they are friendly and make you feel comfortable. It also applies to their knowledge and experience in a broad range of skin care center services. The right doctor will deliver on all of these points, while also doing a fantastic job in delivering the services you want.
- A Professional Team: These are the first people you will talk to, whether by phone or in person. Let’s face it, many of us are uncomfortable going to see a doctor, or meeting new people. If the team is courteous and friendly, it goes a long ways in setting your mind at ease when you make that visit to the skin care center.
- No “One Size Fits All” Approach: Every individual is different. The same applies to skin types, pigmentation, and coloration. Since no two people are alike, your doctor and their staff should be very thorough in learning more about you and your needs. You should also be very clear about what you want, and expect an excellent physician to ask many questions to ensure your safety and results are at the forefront.
- Extensive Expertise: As previously noted, there are many different skin types, and with that can come several different skin issues. The right skin care center will have the expertise to resolve a wide variety of different problems that you may be suffering from. Skin maladies such as wrinkles and lines, pigmentations, loose or sagging skin, skin rejuvenating, body sculpting, skin tone and texture, and body hair removal are examples of what the best skin care clinic should be capable of resolving.
- Continued Service: When your appointment is over shouldn’t be the end of your contact with your skin care center. You will likely have some questions, as well as potential follow-up visits and post appointment in-home treatments to maintain the beauty of your revitalized and rejuvenated skin. The right products for each situation should be readily available for you to keep your rediscovered beautiful skin intact and like new.
Finding the best skin care center doesn’t have to be difficult. The hardest part is making the call and actually addressing your skin care the right way. Stop fretting about how you look and make yourself feel better and more confident with the silky soft, glowing, and natural skin of your youth.
If you’ve ever looked into ways to improve your shape and figure, then terms such as fat transfer or body sculpting shouldn’t be new to you. But if you decide that you want to perform a procedure, but aren’t sure which one would be best, then this article is for you. We’ll take a look at the pros and cons to help you determine which option is best for you.
Fat Transfer Versus Body Sculpting and Botox: 10 Burning Questions
- Is it Safe? – While there are some rare instances where the body might reject the fat transfer or the Botox injections, generally there aren’t any serious health issues that arise from these processes. However, it is possible to have a “bad job” done, and therefore you should make sure your physician is well qualified to perform either of these procedures.
- What Areas Can be Treated? – Face, stomach, buttocks, arms, and legs are some of the most popular areas to conduct a fat transfer. Body sculpting and injectables also cover areas such as the face, neck, arms, thighs, chest, and stomach areas.
- Is There Any Pain or Swelling/Bruising? – With a fat transfer, there is likely to be swelling and bruising, especially in the area harvested. This can last for up to three weeks. Botox injections and body sculpting may have zero reactions, though if any minor issues occur, they typically clear up in around 2-7 days. In most cases, you can still work the same day you do the body sculpting or Botox procedures.
- Is There Invasive Surgery Required? – With a fat transfer, there is the removal or “grafting” of fat from one part of the body to another. This may need to be repeated, as the fat cells may die after transference and require removal. With body sculpting and injectables, the process is non-invasive and uses a laser or injections to the treated area(s).
- How Long Does Each Process Take? – Generally, the average fat transfer will take around 2-3 hours to perform. This may vary according to each individual as well as the area being harvested and treated. Botox injections are usually done in about 15 minutes, while laser treatments may take about an hour. The body sculpting and Botox injections are usually in and out procedures with little to no downtime.
- How Much Does it Cost? – While cases may vary for each patient, or in the location you have the work done, the general cost for a fat transfer around the eyes is around $2000. To do the entire face is $4000, and buttocks or breast grafting is around $5000-$6000. A $1000 anesthesia fee may also be applied. For laser body sculpting, the cost typically ranges between $1000-$2000. Botox injections are usually between $300-$500 per area of injection.
- How Long Does it Last? – In some cases, the results can last for years for both types of procedures. Fat transfers are usually considered to last longer, but they often come with a much greater risk and longer recovery time.
- When Will I be fully Recovered? – For a fat transfer, 2-3 weeks is the usual period of recovery. With body sculpting and Botox injections, no recovery time is needed in almost all cases, though there may be some discomfort for a few days.
- When Will I See Results? – Fat transfer surgery usually takes about a month before noticeable results are shown. Laser fat removal or Botox injections can be immediate or within a few days.
- Which One is Best? – While this is a subjective question, the tale of the tape shows that a fat transfer requires actual surgery and anesthesia in most cases, also requiring weeks of downtime, and often needing at least two separate procedures in order to be completed. Also, the cost is as much as 10 times greater. While the results can be longer if everything goes well, the risks, side effects, and the price make body sculpting and Botox injectables the clear favorite. Again, this depends on what you want, what factors are most important to you, and how long you can afford to be “laid up” from work or life in general.
If you’ve been considering a fat transfer, body sculpting, or Botox procedure, hopefully this gave you some insight into which would work best for you. To find out more about the lower risk and lower cost alternatives to fat transfers, check out your local laser clinic today.
With summer almost here, many people will be heading out to the beaches, camping, and plenty of other outdoor activities that will include plenty of exposure to sunlight. By now, we’ve all learned about the problems that can be caused by getting too much UV exposure from sunlight or tanning beds. But that often doesn’t stop us from trying to get that golden brown look from a summer tan. Plus, many people have fair skin and tend to burn instead of tanning. So with so much information and concerns about sunlight, the safe and natural alternative is a sunless spray tan. But how long does a spray tan last exactly? And what can I do to make my spray tan last longer?
How Long Does a Spray Tan Last May Vary on Certain Conditions
In most cases. a spray tan will last from 7-10 days. This number can vary more or less based on a few factors including:
- The darkness of the shade of the spray tan used. There are several different shading options available at a quality spray tan clinic.
- How active you are. The more you sweat, or the more active you are will reduce the longevity of a spray tan.
- The skill of the technician applying the spray tan. If Norma down the street is doing your spray tan, the chances are that it won’t be done evenly, or last as long as a professional skin care clinic technician would be able to apply it.
- How quickly you shed skin cells. The average human being loses nearly one million skin cells per day. So be sure to bathe and exfoliate before a spray tan, so that the application will go on newer cells and tend to last longer.
How do I Get my Spray Tan to Last Longer?
Aside from the aforementioned bathing and exfoliating prior to a spray tan appointment, you should also:
- Avoid bathing, showering, or swimming for 8-10 hours after receiving a spray tan to prevent washing off the application.
- Avoid exercise and tight fitting clothing such as leggings or yoga pants, since the combination of sweating and tight fit clothing can rub off the spray tan.
- Give 10-15 minutes of natural drying time. Don’t touch any body parts and don’t put your clothes back on in order to avoid rubbing or smudging of the application.
- Reduce or avoid using cosmetics before your spray tan since they tend to block the pores of your skin. Lotions, make-up, and perfumes would be included on this list.
- Moisturize your skin in the days following your spray tan appointment to slow or prevent the natural skin exfoliation process.
Now that you know the answer to how long does a spray tan last, and the best ways to get the most longevity from your spray tan, you should be ready to maximize your sunless spray tan experience without the risks that come with excessive UV exposure.
The occurrence of saggy skin is an issue that plagues millions of Americans, especially as they get older. Years of gravity tugging us down takes its toll on our skin. There are a few other culprits responsible for sagging skin that can be avoidable in some cases, though it might be difficult.
The natural aging process causes a reduction in skin elasticity and the breakdown of collagen and elastin. Other causes include smoking, sun exposure, and weight loss. Smoking dries the skin while also depleting the body’s natural moisture. Excessive sun exposure causes damage to skin cells that limit their ability to respond sturdily to the gravitational pull. And finally, there’s the loss of weight, especially if the weight loss is significant, as the saggy skin fills the void left behind by the previous occupant of cellulite.
Saggy Skin Solving Suggestions
With varying degrees of success, we’ve found a few suggestions that may help you solve your saggy skin problems:
- Skin Creams and Lotions: Found just about anywhere, these products are designed to help tone and tighten your skin. They can work for some people on minor saggy skin spots, but won’t work for everyone, and fail to help with severe skin sagging issues.
- Facial Exercise: These exercises are aimed at strengthening the muscles below the skin in order to reduce sagging and wrinkles. While it can also help with limited skin sag, the results can take a long time to be noticeable, and there is a limit to how much muscle building one can actually do on their face.
- Laser Facial Resurfacing: With the use of a laser, this non-invasive procedure reduces wrinkles and minimizes the appearance of saggy skin. This works very well for lesser skin sagging problems and is an effective skin rejuvenation technique. However, it is not permanent in some cases.
- Botox Injections and Juvederm Injections: A slightly more aggressive approach, but again not an invasive surgery, these injectables can eliminate skin sagging by infusing the targeted area with the missing proteins, such as collagen or elastin, that have gone missing. In many cases, this procedure can last for an extensive period of time and offers targeted results using a natural formula.
Don’t let saggy skin bring you down anymore. Regardless of the method you choose, whether it’s the unreliable short term creams or exercises, or the more efficient and effective ways of laser resurfacing or injectables, the right skin care clinic can help you to get rid of your loose skin, and get you back to feeling beautiful again.
There are plenty of reasons why people choose to have facial cosmetic surgery. One of the most popular types of facial implants is done through cheek surgery. This article is intended to show you that not only is there a better and safer way than cheek implants, but why the alternative is so much better.
The Risks of Cheek Implants
- It Can Alter Other Parts of Your Face: There are a myriad of complaints about the cause and effects of cheek implants to other areas of the face. From an increase in saggy skin around the eyes, to a dramatic increase in frown and smile lines or other facial wrinkles. Even complaints about the shape of the lips have been reported.
- It’s Expensive: This procedure is rarely done for less than $5,000, and if you aren’t satisfied, you’re stuck paying to remove them as well. This means that not only have you wasted the money to get the implants, but now you’re also wasting money to remove them. Not to mention the fact that you will undergo two cheek surgeries instead of only one.
- Looks Abnormal and Side Effects Such as Swelling Can be Persistent: Oftentimes, such a permanent looking alteration will look funny. Of course people who know you will notice, but they will look funny to strangers too. Many have reported that the cheek implants are obvious, which defeats much of the purpose. Also, swelling has been reported to last for over a month in some cases. That’s a long time to deal with, especially on your face!
- It Requires Actual Surgery: If you can avoid being cut, wouldn’t you choose a better alternative? The cheek implant process requires the tissue connected to your cheek bone to be lifted in order to place the implant underneath. Aside from the invasive nature of this procedure, what happens if the tissue reconnects in an unnatural way? This can cause strange abnormalities that will actually cause you to look older, rather than younger.
Botox Injectables and Juvederm Injectables Offer a Safer and Better Alternative
So, after reading about some of the horrors of cheek surgery, here’s some reasons why Botox injectables make a better choice for facial surgery with far less risk.
- It’s an Injection, Not Surgery: No cutting or placement of a foreign object in your face. The injectables are protein and natural sugar compounds. This means no knives, and no unusual additions for your body to react to.
- It Can be Applied to Many Different Areas on the Face: This includes the nose, lips and mouth, cheeks and other places where lines or wrinkles may occur on your face.
- The Side Effects Are Fewer and Far Less Risky: There may be some swelling, but the duration is usually only a few days to a week at most, if there’s any reaction at all. A few days is far greater than a month or more, and oftentimes the magnitude of swelling is far less than with cheek implants.
- Relaxes the Muscle Instead of Detaching it: The Botox injection is comprised of purified protein that blocks the muscle contracting nerves that cause wrinkles. This allows the skin to smooth out while also causing wrinkles and lines on the face to fade over time. Juvederm injections are comprised of a complex sugar that’s naturally found within your tissue. Known as Hyaluronic Acid, this retains water for hydration and plumping of the facial area that is treated.
Hopefully you’ve now found several reasons why cheek implants are not only risky, but expensive, ineffective, and even nightmarish in the end results. Check out the best place for botox procedure and get better results without the regret.